(Read and approved by the gathering of the 9th APBF Congress on the 29th September, 2017)
The Ninth Asia Pacific Baptist Congress, held in Yogyakarta, Indonesia from the 25th to the 29th of September 2017, gathered together 1100 Baptists from 26 countries of the region. The Congress refreshed and reignited the desire of Baptists to witness to the never ending good news of Jesus Christ for every nation and every tribe.
We gladly reaffirm our determination:
- To reignite our commitment to evangelization.
- To discover and share various successful contemporary understandings and methods of evangelism in the Asia Pacific region.
- To consider afresh the strategic coverage and emerging importance of sustainable ministry opportunities in the Asia Pacific region.
- To celebrate God’s goodness through cultural expressions of our faith from the rich cultural heritage of the Asia Pacific region.
Therefore, we, the delegates of the 9th Asia Pacific Baptist Congress, commit, as members of the worldwide Baptist community, to prayerfully and joyfully affirm our commitment to the living God and his saving purposes through our Lord Jesus Christ.
We, therefore renew our commitment to the vision of spreading the never ending Good News. This means:
- Firstly, that we remain committed to the task of bearing worldwide witness to Jesus Christ and all his teaching particularly in the Asia Pacific region. (Mathew 28:18-20, Mark 16:15, Luke 24:47)
- Secondly, we realize that the task of evangelization is much more urgent and demanding than ever before. We remain committed before God that we will work in obeying the mandate of Jesus Christ with renewed zeal, strategy, and vision.
Therefore, we the delegates of the 9th Asia Pacific Baptist Congress, assembled in Yogyakarta, solemnly recommit ourselves to work strategically in the un-reached parts of the Asia Pacific to spread the never ending Good News, in obedience to the mandate of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. So help us Lord, Amen!
The 9th APBF Congress Statement Committee : Henna Baclagon(Philippines), Santosh Basnet(Nepal), Rev Dr Darrell Jackson (Australia), Sayuri Watanabi (Japan), YHan Rmah (Vietnam), Rev Leslie Turley(USA-Japan).
SECTION: Conference & Forum Material